The Skincare Benefits of Green Tea
In the 7th century, Japanese monks visiting China to study Zen Buddhism returned home with their new discovery of green tea’s wonderful healing properties. In the following centuries, drinking green tea became a staple for Japanese monks, imbuing them with energy and mental focus that enhanced their meditation.
Green tea health benefits also include detoxing power, and an ability to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol. Today, Japanese green tea - also known as matcha - has developed a shining reputation for its high levels of antioxidants. But that’s not its only star quality. Green tea health benefits can be enjoyed both from drinking it and applying it on skin.
Drinking green tea is one of the healthiest rituals we can incorporate into our hectic daily lifestyle. Starting your day with Green Tea is something your future self will most definitely thank you for.
Green tea is abundantly healthy for many reasons. Not only does it lower the risk of cancer and improve brain function, but there are also plenty of benefits to gain by using green tea in your skincare. It delays signs of aging, helps fight inflammation, and works wonders for those battling acne.
Benefits of Green Tea for the Skin
- Drinking and applying Green Tea can prevent cancer by promoting DNA repair. Green tea contains a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that fights DNA damage from UV rays to prevent skin cancer. That means it’s also a potent anti-aging ingredient that combats signs of aging when ingested or applied topically.
- We love green tea for its anti inflammatory, thanks to its high content of polyphenols called catechins. The catechins in green tea reduce irritation, redness, and swelling. Throw the Innisfree 3 Minute Green Tea Skin Pack Mask on for a pampering way to enjoy the benefits of green tea for skin. It’s an intensely hydrating face mask that absorbs into your skin for reduced redness and soothed skin.
Another Green Tea favorite and a bestseller for intense hydration is the Innsfree Green Tea Seed Serum. The Dual -Moisture-Rising Technology™
Derived from green tea water and seed oil, helps to strengthen your skin’s barrier and retain moisture within your skin, for a clear and dewy complexion. This newly updated formula is made with Beauty Green Tea, developed exclusively for innisfree skincare products after a study on 2,401 varieties of green tea leaves. They've also bumped up the hydration level as it is 3.5 times more enriched with 16 types of amino acids for higher level of hydration.
- Green tea is powerful antibacterial agent for treating acne and uncloging pores. Polyphenols in green tea damage bacterial membranes and fight against infection, meaning that it’s a useful tool for treating bacterial growth that causes acne. It helps kill systemic bacterial inflammation for smoother, toned skin. Try the newly formulated Innisfree Green Tea Foam Cleanser for acne skin as it gently removes impurities while calming and soothing the effects of acne.
- Green tea is full of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E, both essential for skin health maintenance. B2 plays an essential role in maintaining collagen levels for youthful skin structure and firmness. Vitamin E supports new skin cell growth and also acts an intense hydrator for soft and nourished skin. For dry and dehydrated skin we love the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Deep Cream - Rich in amino acids and minerals to keep you hydrated. Dual Moisture-Rising Technology™ derived from green tea and green tea seed oil
deeply hydrates your skin and the green tea seed oil creates a strong moisture barrier to keep your skin moisturized longer.
- Caffeine and tannes in green tea help shrink blood vessels around the eyes, making it a miracle for treating puffy eyes and dark circles. The Innisfree Green Tea Seed Eye Cream is an anti-oxidative eye cream enriched with green tea and green tea seeds for deep moisturization and nourishment around the delicate eye area.
Green Tea is truly another powerful ingredient given to us by Mother Nature.
Check out all our Green Tea products here and see how it changes your skin!